Monday, August 31, 2009
Leaving . . .
August 31, 2009 - I am leaving the country on Thursday for 11 days. I know! Crazy, isn't it!? My mom invited my sister Ashley and I to go with her to England way back at the beginning of the year. We had our tickets booked and things in motion at least a month before we had even found out about Cameron's diabetes. I am at the point now where I have planned and prepared and tried to get everything humanly possible ready for this trip. I've made and frozen meals for my family, made plans for a sub to take over for singing time for me, made lists and schedules for Tristan and Teresa (my wonderful mother-in-law who is coming to help out while I'm gone), stocked up the pantry and the freezer, notified the bank and the school, bought a foreign outlet adapter, half-packed my suitcase, and a hundred other little things that I hope make my family's life a little easier while I'm gone. I am looking forward to this trip and dreading it at the same time. I will miss my best friend, Tristan. I will miss having him with me everyday, and I'll miss his love and encouragement. We do obviously have the technology today to chat a little each day, but it won't be the same - I get homesick just thinking about it. And of course I will miss my sweet kids. It's not often I'm not with them every waking moment. That is not an easy thing to walk away from even for a week and a half. I will miss their hugs and kisses and their silliness and I will miss being the one taking care of them. I know I am leaving them in good hands, that is the only reason I am not totally going crazy right now. But it will be hard all the same. I hope I can relax and enjoy my little vacation. I'm really grateful to my mom for making this all happen - and it's not like you get to go to a foregin country every day! So I'll need to take a few deep breaths, give Tristan and the kids lots of love and kisses, and do my best to go have fun. Wish me luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment