Monday, August 31, 2009
School time!
August 18, 2009 - The first day of school. Many a mother has shed tears on this day. Tears of sadness for the end of summer - the end of having no end to the possibilities of what we can do together today. I have to admit, however, that for the first time this year, I had no tears to cry on the first day of school. I feel kind of like crying about that! I miss my kids, but it feels normal and familiar this year. It's back to our routine htat makes up 3/4 of the year. I feel almost guilty in admitting that I have adjusted really well to the school year coming around again. Maybe next year when Cam starts kindergarten I'll cry. But for now, I am tear-free. And my kids are enjoying 1st and 2nd grade, and making new friends. And Cam and Reese and I are having more time together at home. Maybe that's not something I need to feel guilty about. Heaven knows, that list is long enough!

Becca and her buddy, Hatcher. Becca had it easy this year; her teacher and her entire class moved up to 2nd grade together. So she has all her same friends in her class, and no stress about a new teacher. (We love her teacher, Ms. Rose.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment