Here they are NOT looking at the horses.
Grumpily eating their peanut butter sandwiches as we walked
Some chickens that all the other kids were looking at
So we finally made it past all the dumb animals to the pumpkin patch and Cameron got excited again to hunt for a pumpkin. So Reese did too. The outing started to look up with his new-found enthusiasm. He was really a trooper hiking through all the weeds and plants and uneven ground. Pretty soon we began to notice that all the pumpkins were either half-eaten by animals or very squishy and gross. I started to get grumpy again, but Cameron persisted, he knew he could find a good one. Reese, by this time had decided that the vines on the ground were snakes and would not let me put her down. Why, oh why did I have to try and be prepared for any eventuality and be carrying a heavy backpack too! After about 45 minutes of searching, I was about to give up and go buy a stinking pumpkin when Cameron found a small, green, slightly squishy pumpkin that he thought was perfect. So that was good enough for me. He put it in his bag and we started our long walk back to the car (with Reese still on my hip, and my heavy backpack still on my back). I was exhaused, my back hurt, and we were covered in some kind of prickly stickers when we finally made it back to the car. Cameron handed me his bag and I gasped so loudly it was almost a scream. The bag was empty!!!!! After all that miserable time searching and hiking and carrying and just AAAAAHHHHH!!!! The pumpkin was not there! Cameron decided right then and there that I was freaked out enough for the both of us and wasn't even upset. In fact I think my little break-down scared him a little, because he immediately started apologizing, which made me feel even worse! So, needless to say, I don't have any pictures of Cam with his pumpkin! And I still am not quite able to laugh about all of that yet. Maybe I just need some time.
No comments:
Post a Comment