Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Day 7- Alnwick, a.k.a. Hogwarts Castle

Doo-do-doo-do-doo-do-doo-do-do-do-do-do-do-
Can't you hear the theme music just from looking at this picture?!

September 10, 2009 - This was a very exciting day for me. My Mom and sister were nice enough to agree to drive almost 3 hours out of our way to see the castle where Harry Potter was filmed with me. This was one of the few spontaneous, unplanned things we did. We just happened to see this in a sight-seeing book and decided to go. I loved it! I am a huge dork, I will admit. I am a big Harry Potter fan. I'm really more a fan of the books, but I like the movies too. I felt even more dorky when our "Magical tour guide" looked straight at me every time he asked a Harry Potter trivia question, because I was the only one who knew all the answers! So now, the next time you watch the first or second movie, you'll have to refer back here to my blog to compare pictures! (I did with when I got home - we had all my pictures on the computer screen, and kept pausing the movie to compare!)

Ashley and I about to enter the castle!!!

There were a couple cats wandering around that made the castle seem even more like we were walking onto a set of Harry Potter - I named this one Professor McGonagal (she's the teacher who turns into a cat)!


Ashley and I trying our hands at brass rubbings. I was unfortunately not very good.


Here we are with our Magical Tour Guide.


This shot is from the first movie when Harry and his classmates learned to fly on broomsticks, and Harry ends up chasing Malfoy all over this part of the courtyard.


This shot is also from the first movie, when Hermione overhears Harry and Ron talking about her and she rushes past them.

This one is from the second movie when Ron flies his Dads car into the Whomping Willow.
This is the Forbidden Forrest - and the site where Hagrid's Hut was.
Okay, so I hope you all don't think I'm an obsessed freak now - but seriously, if you haven't read the books, you are missing out! =)

1 comment:

jackie said...

that really does look like the hogwarts castle. what a fun trip!
-jackie