November 30, 2009 - It is our family tradition to put up the Christmas tree and break out all the other Christmas decorations the Monday night after Thanksgiving for Family Home Evening. The kids are always so excited when we get out the ornaments. Some are things they've made at school in years past, some are hand-me-downs from my mom and grandma, and some of the fanciest are beautiful hand-made ones from my step-mom, Leona. I'll have to remember to get some close-ups of the ornaments next year. Anway, the kids all have their favorites, and by the time we are done, our poor little tree is leaning to one side from all of their loving donations to its limbs! (I usually take a moment to rearrange somewhat afterwards!) I love that our tree has these special ornaments, though. It doesn't look a thing like a Christmas tree you'd see in a Martha Stewart magazine - all color coordinated with a special theme. It is very mis-matched, and hodge-podge, but full of wonderful memories. I love that each ornament is special for one reason or another and they add up to make our own very unique Christmas tree.

Here we go!

Becca is my garland assistant - she knows how to get it wrapped around the tree just right!

Cameron is still young enough that I don't think he remembered much about Christmases past. He acted like all of this was new and exciting - which made it all very fun!

Trister, carefully placing an ornament on the tree.

The finished project!
No comments:
Post a Comment