Most of my favorite moments with my kids are the spontaneous, non-planned fun things that just . . . happen. I love it when we have a day where we can just be together without something we're rushing to. I think I've overscheduled us a teeny bit this summer - we are always going somewhere. And I think I need a time-out! Like I said, most of the moments that bring me true joy are relaxed, unplanned moments where I am just being with my family. When I'm too busy to enjoy my children and have one-on-one quality time with them, no matter how worthy the activity, I'm kind of missing the point.
These pictures are one of those rare, spontaneous times where we just decided to walk across the street to the park and have fun. I think my kids are pretty good kids - it makes me feel really content when I stumble across moments like this - Tristan pushing his baby sister, and adoring little brother on the swing.


So lesson learned - slow it down and enjoy life!
No comments:
Post a Comment