Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Goodbye Brady Place

WARNING - If you are a Gearhart, this may be a sad post for you. Do not read if you are worried about running your mascara!


I was able to help out with the last little bit of clean-up before Thom and Teresa's house here in the Springs was sold to a new owner, and got a little sentimental and decided to take a couple pictures. I know the Gearhart family has had a lot of wonderful memories in this house and even though I do not have near as many as most of them do, I will miss this house. To me, it was a place of fun and gathering - we ate many a Sunday night dinner here, and celebrated birthdays and holidays together here. I tried on my wedding dress here. Our babies crawled and toddled here, and I learned to quilt, side by side with Teresa and Grandma Nelson here. There were hudreds, I'm sure, of basketball games played out back, hundreds, also, of basketballs that rolled down the hill that had to be chased after. Barbecues, game nights, and even a dance party or two. I think we can love places just as we love people, and 4735 Brady Place has been a place I have loved. I'm glad for the memories I've had there.

1 comment:

The Newton's said...

It has been so much fun reading your blog. I am glad that you decided to catch up! Your family is getting so big and cute. And you look super skinny! It sounds like you are all doing well. I was sad to hear about Cameron though. I am sure that has been tough and I can't imagine having to deal with that with Ella or Christian.